General Job Description
Position : Teacher
Role and Responsibilities
- Classroom Responsibilities: To provide, as practicable, learning opportunities for every child relative to their needs, abilities and stages of development establishing effective relationships with students based on mutual respect, recognizing the individuality of each pupil, ensuring an effective and challenging learning environment and ensuring the classroom is an attractive and welcoming place.
- Curriculum Planning and Organization Responsibilities: To prepare lesson plans, develop and manage classroom resources, teach subjects according to curriculum goals and objectives set by syllabuses and school policy, marking and evaluating students’ work, recording results and completing reports and profiles on student achievement.
- Professional Development: To keep up-to-date of teaching and educational developments, attending teacher development programmers, participating in in-service courses when held and attending professional meetings as scheduled by the Director or HR, participating in the professional development cycle as per the school’s appraisal programmed.
- General Contribution to School Life: To support the wider educational and cultural life of the school, leading by example in supporting standards expected at the school. Be available to support the student activities even if it falls on a weekend.
- Community Responsibilities: As per school policy, to report to parents, caregivers, guardians and other relevant community members on the progress and development of the students in the teacher’s care. To be available on occasions to meet with parents, caregivers, guardians to discuss the progress and development of the students in the teacher’s care as the school requests.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum Requirement of a Bachelor’s degree related to the position. (Need for the VISA and Work Permit)
- PGCE qualified will be an advantage
- Have a Thai teacher’s license/can apply for a Teacher’s licenses or willing to do the course in the future.
- Able to work without supervision.
- Meets deadlines and has a key eye for details.
- Has a passion in the education industry
- Minimum of 1-2 years teacher experience (experience with the IGCSE curriculum will be and advantage)
- Police Clearance Certificate from your home country or current country of residence. (Issued less than 1 year)
- Medical Clearance Certificate (Issued less than 6 months)
*Note: If you do not have the 2 documents mentioned above you will need to get them before you are given a school contract.